- Wednesday 24 April, 2013
Larsen Motorsports announces new Jet Dragster driver positions.
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla., April 22, 2013 – Larsen Motorsports announced today potential new driver positions for their jet racing teams to be added in the near future.
“Despite the challenges of the current economy, the Larsen Motorsports Jet Racing Teams will continue to expand,” said Elaine Larsen, co-owner of Larsen Motorsports, Daytona Beach, Fla. “Our decade-long experience with jet racing continues to grow and our marketing partners have recognized the great value of their relationships with Larsen Motorsports. We are exploring opportunities to grow our existing teams as well as add new teams. New drivers of those teams will be a critical element of that expansion.”
Larsen Motorsports will accept resumes of prospective drivers and will decide the finalists who will compete for the coveted positions.
“We are going to require the driver to have some skin in the game,” said Chris Larsen, co-owner of Larsen Motorsports. “We get multiple inquiries every week about driving for one of our teams. The time has come for these people to put their money or skill sets where their mouth is. We will select a driver that can contribute to the day-to-day operations of our business.”
Requirements and prerequisites:
1. Prior racing experience preferred.
2. Public speaking skills required.
3. Knowledge of turbine engines preferred.
4. Knowledge of drag racing preferred.
5. Current exhibition jet license is not required. Unlicensed drivers will be required to complete the Larsen Motorsports exhibition jet racing drivers’ program separately prior to being considered for a new team driver position.
6. Financial contribution preferred.
7. Current United States driver’s license required.
8. U.S. Citizen preferred.
9. Physical condition: Must be able to pass a Class 1 physical to meet professional drag racing license requirements. Specific height and weight can vary.
10. Age over 18 years at time of application.
11. Gender male or female.
12. Duration of commitment to position is three years.
13. Geographic location: Applicant should live in the continental United States. It is preferred, but not required, to live in the Daytona Florida area. All driver training will be conducted from Daytona Beach, Fla.
14. Language: Must fluently speak and understand the English language.
15. Safety equipment: Selected drivers will be required to bring their own personal sanctioning body accepted safety equipment.
16. Employment status: Must have ability and flexibility to travel to and from race events, promotional engagements, trade shows, etc.
Larsen Motorsports reserves the sole right to deny anyone the right to drive for one of their teams or to terminate training of prospective drivers at any time with our without cause.
Interested people should send a resume and a from two-to-four-minute video explaining why they believe they are the best candidate for one of the positions to the:
Larsen Motorsports Research Center
800 S. Clyde Morris Blvd.
Daytona Beach, Fla. 32114
Candidates identified by Larsen Motorsports for the next phase of the selection process will be contacted on an individual basis.