- Thursday 18 April, 2013
Go for the SHOW! Girls get in free.
NORWALK, Ohio – Those who think the 2013 Golden Anniversary season quietly arrives and daintily builds momentum until the official celebration at the Auto Plus Night Under Fire presented by Kelly Services on August 10, 2013, forget it!
That’s not the Summit Motorsports Park way!
The Bader family style mixes new talent with our favorite local racers, a Fan Fest, and pyro pizzazz as we kickoff a year-long celebration of fifty years of fun at the Funny Car Fox Hunt on April 27, 2013 at Summit Motorsports Park in Norwalk, Ohio.
Expect the unexpected.
The Bader family learned how to throw a great party back in the day, before laugh tracks ruined television.
So they chose a retro show, the Funny Car Fox Hunt, to kindle old memories and blaze new ones as fans and racers take advantage of family friendly free admission for women and girls.
Take a peek at this amazing lineup of talent:
• Jill Canuso and the Hanna Motorsports Queen of Diamonds Jet Dragster sizzle the track for the last time at the Funny Car Fox Hunt. At the Mickey Mart Rewards Cavalcade of Stars presented by Budweiser May 17-19, 2013, Jill Canuso and Hanna Motorsports debut the Queen of Diamonds II, a state-of-the-art Jet Dragster in a futuristic new design.
• So far, eight fire-spitting retro BB Funny Cars from the Great Lakes Nostalgia Funny Car Circuit accepted the Funny Car Fox Hunt challenge:
- Chris Massarella, Total Insanity, 1977 Monza.
- Jerry Streb, Dazed and Condused, 1969 Camaro.
- John DeCort, Old and Fuelish, 1978 Corvette.
- Lance Good, Sharky’s Machine, 1979 Omni.
- Steve Timoszyk, Parts Peddler, 1971 Barracuda.
- Nick Tilley, Shyster, 1978 Corvette.
- Monty Stotz, Blue Thunder, 1969 Camaro.
- Frank Barnard, Poison Arrow, 1977 Arrow.
For another radical blast from the past, Rick Craft pilots Bullet Bob, a retro AA Funny Car.
In the middle of the fun, our racers ages eight through 18 in Bear Motorsports Junior Dragsters presented by Wiseco strut their stuff in semi-final and final round competitions as part of the Nostalgia Funny Car and Jet Car shows.
Come out and experience the cackle and up to 80 mph speeds of these youngsters punching the gas in miniature dragsters.
The Mr. Gasket $53,100 Super Series changes it up with everything from street-legal stock cars to motorcycles and dragsters in five classes: Mallory Super Pro, Mr. Gasket Pro, Wiseco/Cycle Tech Super Bike, Accel Sportsman delivered on time by TFC Transportation, and Lakewood Stock.
We’ll also honor the 2012 Mr. Gasket $50,000 Super Series champions on the track in a prerace ring ceremony.
And bring a Sharpie pen. During a Fan Fest on the track, the stars of the show shake hands and sign autographs for fans.
Since the Funny Car Fox Hunt opens the gates wide at 8 a.m. on April 27, 2013, our Throttle Town Grille offers great food and soft drinks all day.
Visit Guest Services on the Budweiser side of the track to pick up a 2013 Golden Anniversary Summit Motorsports Park season brochure and to order a die cast 50th Anniversary John Force Funny Car.
This year think, “Christmas!” in April.
We packed the Quarter Mile Clothing Company with cuddly snuggly fashions and 50th Anniversary merchandise.
Also, because of the monumental occasions of the Golden Anniversary along with the huge Summit Racing Equipment NHRA Nationals and official Golden Anniversary celebration at the Auto Plus Night Under Fire presented by Kelly Services, we strongly recommend buying tickets and lodging in advance.
Guest Services helps with that, too. Or call 419-668-5555 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday at Summit Motorsports Park. We’re always glad to help.
Admission to the Funny Car Fox Hunt costs $15 for men and $5 for boys ages six to 12. Boys under age five, girls and women are admitted for free.
Gates open at 8 a.m. Time trials, 9 a.m. Prerace ceremonies, 6 p.m. Show, 7 p.m. Free pit access. Free parking. Bring a stadium blanket and snuggle up close for the show.
Since we’re packing in fifty years of fun, we’re celebrating all year. Join us!