- Published on Friday, 12 April 2013 22:10
NORWALK, Ohio – Now that V’s House of Horsepower polished off the engine for the Super 64 runoff in the Mr. Gasket $53,100 Super Series, the next fun step is collecting win lights at Summit Motorsports Park in Norwalk, Ohio.
So print a photo of this sweet 582 cu. in. big block Chevy racing engine, valued at up to $25,000, and tack it up where your speed dreams mix adrenaline with elbow grease.
It’s going to be a great season!
Ron Vnuk Jr., owner of V’s House of Horsepower, 2067 Midway Drive, Twinsburg, Ohio, the official engine builder of Summit Motorsports Park, finished the engine build just in time for the 2013 Finish Line Club.
Go to Guest Services to sign up for the Finish Line Club at Summit Motorsports Park. The Super 64 prizes are awarded on top of the event cash payouts and the cash bonuses for placing well in the points competitions.
Competition toward the Super 64 begins at the Funny Car Fox Hunt on April 27, 2013 at Summit Motorsports Park in Norwalk, Ohio.
Racers in four classes of the Mr. Gasket $53,100 Super Series -- Mr. Gasket Pro, Mallory Super Pro, Wiseco Cycle Tech Super Bike, and Accel Sportsman delivered on time by TFC Transportation -- may sign up for the Finish Line Club and race for points all season.
The top 16 points earners in each of the four classes qualify for the Super 64 and race off for the special prizes. The winner of each class advances to the Final Four Championship.
Once in the Final Four, a racer is guaranteed one of the top four prizes:
• A 582 cu. in. big block Chevy engine built by V’s House of Horsepower with these associate sponsors:
- Trick Flow, heads and intake.
- Wiseco, pistons.
- Summit Racing Equipment, block.
- K1, crank, rods.
- Mr. Gasket, wires, gasket, distributor.
- Manton, push rods.
- Harland Sharp, rocker arms.
• A 2013 swing arm monoshock dragster built by McIlvain Race Cars with these associate sponsors:
- AFCO, shocks, springs, radiator.
- Riggeal’s Performance Fiberglas, Fiberglas parts.
- Mickey Thompson, four tires.
- Moser Engineering, axles.
- R&R Auto Body, paint.
- Summit Racing Equipment, master cylinder.
- Weld Racing, four wheels.
- Pro-Werks & Stiletto, spindles, steering arms, pinion, steering box.
• A 2013 Crystal SS racing trailer by Vintage Trailers.
• A pick of one recreational vehicle from J&J Sales:
- 2013 Kawasaki Brute Force 750 ATV.
- Sea Doo GTS watercraft with trailer.
- Yamaha F28 motorcycle.
- Ski Doo 600 GTZ snowmobile.
- Kawasaki Mule 610 side-by-side ATV.
For the other terrific prizes in the Super 64, check out the Summit Motorsports Park season brochure, available by calling the office from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday at 419-668-5555, or on the Summit Motorsports Park Website in the RACERS tab.
Children ages eight through 18 who race in Bear Motorsports Junior Dragsters presented by Wiseco may compete in the Finish Line Club, but not in the Super 64.
The 2013 season marks fifty years of fun at Summit Motorsports Park in Norwalk, Ohio. We’re celebrating all year!