- Published on Monday, 01 April 2013 20:48
NORWALK, Ohio – Friends and family matter at Summit Motorsports Park in Norwalk, Ohio.
As we celebrate fifty years of fun in our 2013 anniversary season, we pumped the schedule full of ways for families and friends to mash the gas, chase the win light, and have a marvelous time.
After all, drag racing jacks up excitement if you know people.
With that in mind, the Bader family created Mickey Thompson $7 Fun Night on Wednesdays, beginning on May 1, 2013 for the new season.
If you’ve never lined up at the tree, you may prefer to start with a Top Fuel racing machine, like those driven by John Force, Tony Schumacher, or Larry “Spiderman” McBride.
But for the early going on Wednesdays, your grocery getter will do just fine.
We’ve also raced pit bikes, golf carts and quads.
That is, in addition to collector quality Corvettes, Solstices, Barracudas and Cobra Jets, to name a few of the beauties at the track.
Occasionally a Nitro Nostalgia Funny Car or a Gasser enlivens the show, too.
And passengers may ride along in the stock class and in the truck and van class.
So organize your Facebook.com friends in a Mickey Thompson $7 Fun Night group or event page with weekly reminders going to their phones, and race every Wednesday.
Anyone into creative math?
Just for fun take out your E.T. slip and add a couple hundred to your mph to calculate a Top Fuel equivalent.
Your funometer probably lofts higher on Mickey Thompson Wednesdays than John Force’s when he wins his 16th NHRA Funny Car World Championship. But that’s OK.
The cost is $7 to race or watch. Admission for children ages six to 12 is $3. Super Stock car and driver, $20.
Prizes and awards include:
• Medals to each class winner, runner-up and semi-finalist except in Super Stock.
• In Super Stock, winner receives $100; runner-up, $50; semi-finalists, $20.
• High School, ages 16-18, with no electronics.
• Truck and Van, trucks and vans only, with no electronics.
• Motorcycle, any two-wheel vehicle, sleds welcome, air shifters permitted.
• Stock, no electronics, no slicks, no open headers.
• Modified Stock, three or more wheels, no electronics.
• Super Stock, trans brake, two-step and line lock permitted, slicks and open headers are OK.
Gates open at 5 p.m.; time trials, 5:30 p.m.;
eliminations, 8:30 p.m.
For information, a Summit Motorsports Park season brochure or a brochure by Summit Racing Equipment about how to bracket race, call 419-668-5555 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday at the Summit Motorsports Park office.
Also, race information is listed on the Summit Motorsports Park Website. Go to the home page, click on the RACERS tab near the top of the page under the banner photograph, or on the left side click on Wednesday Fun Night.
At Summit Motorsports Park in Norwalk, Ohio, we’re celebrating fifty years of fun all season!